Client Resources Page

Do I Need a Public Defender?

The Office of the Federal Public Defender for the District of Oregon provides legal services in federal criminal cases to people who are unable to retain private counsel. You may need a Federal Public Defender if you are under investigation for a federal offense, if you were contacted by a federal law enforcement agency, or if you were subpoenaed to appear in U.S. District Court. You have the right to speak to an attorney prior to questioning and to have an attorney with you during questioning. If you are contacted by a federal law enforcement agency, tell them that you are requesting an attorney and contact one of our offices. Some examples of federal law enforcement agencies are found below: U.S. Attorney's

Office (USAO) Department of Justice (DOJ) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Secret Service (USSS) Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Bureau of Land Management (BLM) National Park Service (NPS) Postal Inspector (USPIS)

Social Service


Medical Resources

Employment Services

Veteran's Services

Food for Lane County

Case Process